Thursday, July 2, 2009

Emmalee's Big News

Emmalee has some BIG news! No, she isn't going to be a big sister again (but only because Mommy can't quite convince Daddy we should have a 3rd!). She decided to get her ears pierced! All on her own-no cajoling from mommy, no forcing; just her own desire to pierce her ears. I had always said that any time she asked (after she was 4), she could have them pierced. I was not going to push her in to doing it, in fact, I even told her once that it was like getting a shot so that perhaps she would hold off a while longer. However, out of the blue she decided she wanted to get her ears pierced, and I obliged. It is hard to decide who was more nervous, Mommy or Emmalee, but we survived it with a few tears shed and, I quote the technician who pierced them, "the quietest cry I have ever heard." She is very proud of her earrings and even reminds me when it is time to twist them and put the medicine on them! She is officially too grown up for me!

Here she is while Mommy is paying and signing away my little girls sweet earlobes!

Smiling for the camera

Holding tight to Mommy's hand as the first ear gets pierced (seriously, why don't they pierce them both at the same time? It would be much easier for Mommy!)

Here she is getting ready to call Daddy and Pappi to share her big news
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
She is already asking when she can wear hoop earrings. Looks like she is shooting straight into her teen years!

0 comments: